May 13, 2009

Your God is Bigger Than Your Circumstance

Are you facing a giant in your life? Do your circumstances seem overwhelming? Do you fear the future?

If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, I want to remind you that GOD is bigger and more powerful than any circumstance facing you in this moment. Whatever battle you are in, you stand victorious in the Word of God, the Blood of Jesus, the Power of the Cross, the Authority of Christ, and the Presence of the Holy Spirit.

Claim these verses over your situation:

Ephesians 6:11-17

(Armor of God)

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

…we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world…they have divine power to demolish strongholds…

James 4:7

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Peter 5:8-9

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Luke 10:19

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.

Colossians 2:15

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

1 John 3:8

…The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

1 John 4:4

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Isaiah 54:17

“…no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.

As you pray, stand on WHO your GOD IS:

God of Salvation

The MOST High God

The same yesterday, today, and tomorrow

The King of kings and Lord of lords

All Consuming Fire

Holy, Holy, Holy

Joy

Faithful One

Wisdom

Author and Finisher of your faith

Spirit of Truth

The Great I AM

My prayer is that when you leave this post today, you will trust your circumstances, big and small to God, claim these Truths and Promises, and REST, knowing God is in control.

Comments

1. Wendy,
    Thank you very much for this post. I needed to read these scriptures tonight and focus my thoughts once again on the greatness of our God! Your prayer is being answered — there is a deep sense of God’s peace after reading this post! I appreciate your heart and encouragement! Again . . . thanks!

2. faithWalker says:

Wendy,
    Thank you! It’s a “yes” to all three questions. BUT, God is bigger! Thank you for the reminder.

Deb

3. Joy in The Truth says:

Wendy:
    I am SO blessed by your post…it is rich with God’s Word. Like your book, each page is filled with His truth. :)
    Love you, friend!
    Sharon :)

4. While I don’t fear the future, I am overwhelmed as I’m face to face with the giant of my lifetime. So thank you Ms. Wendy for your words and supporting scripture.

Judy.

5. Lelia Chealey says:

Hi Wendy! Thanks for coming by. I love your blog and what you share with us. This post reminds me of 1 Chronicles 20.
    Thank you for this reminder to stay focused on the Lord and not our circumstances. Last night I watched a 35 year old single Mom slip into the eternal presence of the Lord and so I’m still trying to wrap my mind around all that I witnessed. Our God is so great and He just never ceases to amaze me. Never.
    Have a blessed weekend Wendy and thank you for being a blessing.
    LC

6. Thank you Wendy, for this much needed reminder. Many days my mind is held captive with “what-if” thinking. What-if this happens? What-if something happens to my loved ones? And the list just goes on and on. Your post was a much needed blessing to me this morning. Thank you!

Julie

7. Chef Diane says:

Wendy,

Thank you for these great ref. verses to stand on. There are times when you face things that seem larger than life. You know with every part of you mind, body and soul that God can and will take care of it. Yet the human emotions must be allowed to work through the body and be felt. It is only by standing on God’s word that these emotions just slide off and leave. They can’t stay around with the claiming of the Lord’s word.
    Tonight I am standing on God’s word.
    Amen,
    Diane

8. Deborah says:

Thank you.

9. Lynn Cowell says:

Wendy, I love the practicality of this post. The Word. It is what we need each and every day! The obstacle I am facing is finding the right agent and getting my book published. Last year you gave me great wisdom. It went something like this “You work on becoming who you need to be so that He can published it”. I have tried to take my eyes from the project and just keep them on Him and what He is doing in me!
    I was so happy to see the picture of you and your daughter on the cover of P31. It is so good to put a face with a name you have been praying for!
    God’s greatest to you, Wendy!
    Lynn

10. Anonymous says:

I am blessed by this blog. Much more with the names and titles of God.
    May God continue using you to bless His people.

11. Anonymous says:

thank you for the blessing of your website and you way you bring forth the light

12. Hi wendy thank you for reminding me that God is Bigger then all my problems I face on a daily basis thank you