Thank you for spending the last four weeks with me. What an amazing journey!! Watching God at work in our midst through your prayers and ministering to each other has truly blown me away.
I wish I could go back and list praises for each and every one of you for whom we have prayed. There have been so many, so please join me in giving all praise, glory, and honor to Almighty God, the One who is Faithful and True, the same yesterday, today, and forever!!!
Below please find our final lesson for Cultivating a Heart of Prayer
Although our “official” Cultivating a Heart of Prayer study is over, I would love to continue meeting together.
Consider this an open invitation to join me over the next 30 days to go even deeper still with Christ. I will take one week off and meet you here again on March 14th. At the end of the post, please find questions to guide your quiet time over the next fourteen days.
This journey will look different for each of us depending upon our age and stage of life. But the key to this journey is the word “intentional.” God calls us to be still before Him…to know that He is God. That requires an intentional decision to set aside time each day to spend time with Him. There is no set time and no set way to do this. Rather, it requires you examining your schedule and choosing a time and place each day to meet with Him….five minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes. Maybe it will change depending on the day of the week. The key is – stealing from Nike – “Just Do It!”
In deciding whether you want to join us, please consider the benefits of a deeper more intimate relationship with the Lord.
A deep, abiding relationship with Christ…
1. opens the door to God’s heart
2. draws us closer to Him
3. increases our knowledge of Him and of His Word
4. builds our trust in Him
5. transforms our hearts and minds
If you want more of these things in your life, join us for this journey. Invite your friends, Sunday School classes, small groups, your spouse, and even your children to join you. What a beautiful way to prepare our hearts for Easter!
I will post verses and questions to guide our journey. Some days I may have a video and some days just a short message. If you have something you would like to share on the blog, let me know. Perhaps we can even have a few guest posts during our journey!!
Here are a few hints to make the most of this journey:
1. Find a quiet place to meet with God (favorite chair, front porch, closet, curled up on your bed)
2. Bring your Bible and a journal or notebook
3. Divide up your prayer requests over the thirty days
(for example…Mondays pray for husband/children/family, Tuesdays pray for friends, Wednesdays pray for community and nation, Thursdays pray for missionaries and our world), Fridays pray for you church and Bible studies, Saturday pray for work/co-workers/career, Sundays spend time praising God and praying for yourself and your walk with Him)
4. Share in your journal what God teaches you and how you experience His Presence
Abiding in Christ: Days One through Fourteen (Feb. 28-March 13)
I will take one week off and meet you here again on Monday, March 14. Below please find some questions to guide your quiet time. We will focus on Jesus, the Son of God.
Philippians: 2:5-11 and Colossians 1:15-20 and John 1:1-5 1. Read the above -referenced passages and share what they say about Christ. Dig deeper beyond the passage with your own study (using study notes, commentaries, Internet resources) and share what the Lord teaches you in your journal.
2. Share what each passage says about the deity of Christ (for further study see 1 Corinthians 4:4, Hebrews 1:1-4).
3. Share what each says about the humanity of Christ (for further study, see John 1:14, Romans 8:3, Hebrews 2:17-18).
4. Share what these passages speak personally to you about God, about Jesus, and about you and your relationship with God.
5. Specifically, what difference does it make in your life that Jesus was and is fully human and fully divine? (the way you live your life, your attitude toward God/religion/Jesus, your attitude toward others, your daily walk with the Lord)
6. Is Christ valued above all in your life. If so, how does your life reflect that? If not, what changes will you make so that Christ is valued above all in your life?Thank you for joining me on this journey. And if you are joining us for the first time, please read the information below. Registration: To register for our Thirty Day Journey and for announcements of future on-line studies, please leave a comment on my blog with your first name and e-mail address or e-mail me at Deuteronomysix@aol.com.
Subscribing: I encourage you to subscribe to our Thirty Day Journey via my blog. When you do, you will receive each week’s lesson in your in-box. Receiving it in your inbox makes it easy to print the homework and transfer it to a notebook. If this link does not work, you may also subscribe by clicking on the “Subscribe via e-mail” link located at the top of my sidebar. However, you will not be able to see the videos, make a comment, or read comments. You must visit the blog directly to access the video and comments.
Please stop by and share how how God is speaking to you and what He is teaching you on this journey!