January 1, 2016

My New Year’s Prayer

Donna'sCross

Heavenly Father,

You are awesome in glory and majestic in power.

You are the King over all the earth, and You are my King.

Today begins a new year. Thank You for the promise that You are preparing a place for me. With that promise tucked in my heart, I can stand secure in You as Lord of my life.

Thank You that You have sealed me with Your Spirit and engraved my name on the palm of Your Hand.

Thank You that You have made and are making me beautiful in Your sight. Help me to confidently walk in that beauty. Prepare my heart for my reunion with You at the foot of Your eternal throne.

Awake my soul morning by morning to meet with You. Fix my heart on Your steadfast Word.

Show me my sin. Humble my heart to repent of it. Sift me if You need to, Lord. Destroy in me anything that steals my affection for You.

Give me a heart of obedience and surrender.

Draw me close so that I can hear even the faintest of Your whispers. Saturate me with Your love so that I can love lavishly and give generously.

Ignite a fire in my heart for more of You. Infuse me with the fullness of Your Holy Spirit power so I can be Your vessel, fully available to be used by You.

Revive me when I am weary. Strengthen me from within to walk in the plans You have for me, to follow Your will even when it’s hard.

Enable me to trust You in all things. Show me Your ways and move my heart to walk in them.

I pray this in Jesus’ precious and holy name. Amen.

I treasure each and every one of you and the love, prayers and words of encouragement you have given me over the years. Today, God has laid on my heart to pray for you. If you have a prayer request, a prayer you are praying for the New Year, please share it in a comment. I commit to pray for each and every request and prayer. And if you would like to download my prayer, click here.

Comments

1. My prayer is that I will grow closer to God this new year. I have health issues and financial issues and I pray that God will give the strength to walk with Him through each day. Oh that He would be the Lord of my life.

2. Thank you for this wonderful prayer Wendy! I will use this one a lot.
    My prayer is for our marriage, for my husband to have his heart and eyes opened to be saved. I don’t preach, but am saddened because I want to share this Joy with him. Thank you again.

3. Thank you for the beautiful prayer, Wendy.
    So good to be reminded of His Promise and we need not fear about the uncertainties of life.
    My prayer is to be able to be consistent and persistent to finish my Read Thru the Bible Programme. I am behind but let me not give up. as God’s Word give life and is able to sustain me.
    I like that you are always exalting us to read His Word and pray.

May the Lord show you His way as you seek to please Him with your life.

4. Janet Florine says:

Thank you Wendy for this beautiful prayer and letting us download it. I do pray that God will ignite a fire in me this year like never before. Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Him and for being such a light in a dark world!!! ♥ May God richly bless you and your family this year!!
    Happy New Year Wendy!! 🙂

5. WENDY! I woke up so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, knowing I would start this first day of this new year with YOU in prayer! Your prayer has stirred my heart more than I can express. E-v-e-r-y word was God-authored and Spirit-breathed.
    My prayer for 2016 is to truly grasp the Good News of God’s love as seen through Jesus. John 3:16 has become more of a cliche in my life, but God is opening my heart to re-absorb it again, with the excitement of a child, but with the wisdom He’s blessed me with through the journey.
    Heavenly Daddy,
    Thank You Wendy Blight in my life! Bless this girl! Thank You for lavish love. You don’t just love me, you SO love me. I cannot truly comprehend the type of love that sacrifices Your one and only Son. When I lose sight of my little girl for just one moment, fear and anguish invades my soul. But You freely gave me Jesus because You can’t bear to live a moment without me. Believing is key. I know when I believe in Your love, I live differently. I take risks to live big and love big. Deepen my belief. Thank You for the zoe life… the absolute fullest, most blessed life in every aspect… You are giving me. Eternity is now. Eternity doesn’t end. Help me to live each day of 2016 as an alabaster-jar response to Your love. In Jesus’ Name, amen!
    I LOVE you my dear friend!

6. Dear Wendy,
    Thank you so much for this prayer. I long for this to be so in my life, but I let the hardness of the journey to defeat me. Please pray that I can handle this illness with grace and know that His Mercy is true. That as I walk this journey that my King will have all the glory
    Please pray for my two children who were raised in a beautiful Christian home, but have decided to walk in the way of the world, would turn back to Jesus. May the Hound of Heaven chase them into His kingdom! Pray I find the Hope that I so easily despair of in my broken heart as a mother.
    Thank you Wendy, may our Lord bless you in your ministry as you have blessed me.

7. God morning, God placed you on my heart this morning. I am committing to pray for you on Saturdays, ( sometimes he whispers sometimes he roars). My prayer for 2016 is that I take the time to listen to Him and his path for my life and that I don’t get impatient and have to back pedal. I know he knows what is best for me, I just need to stop and wait. I have such high hopes for growing my relationship with our father. Thanks for being obedient and sharing.

• Janet, I am so very honored that you would choose a day to pray for me. Thank you from the depths of my heart. I treasure those prayers. And thank you for sharing your prayer request. I am stopping to pray for each one of these prayer requests this evening. And I LOVE DOING IT!!

8. Happy 2016, Wendy. I ask that you pray for me to remain strong in the face of my son’s addiction and struggles. I reaffirm each day that Jesus is walking with my son, whether my son acknowledges His presence or not. I know that His plans for my son are the best plans, and that no amount of worry on my part will change God’s will for Cameron’s life. I pray that Cameron’s life will be transformed to the glory of our Lord.

• I, also, ask that you pray for me to remain strong in the face of my son’s addiction. It seems the only time I truly reach out to God each day is when I am struggling and need help. Please pray that I seek God each morning no matter my circumstance so that I may become the women he has always wanted me to be. I pray that Jason’s life will be transformed to the glory of our Lord.

Thanks, Dana for your words. In this time of struggle, its hard to find the words myself.

9. Kim Stewart says:

“Ignite a fire in my heart for more of You.” LOVE as this has been my prayer, along with a prayer for One Word to focus on and God gave me “share” which He confirmed in your First5 post this morning! Happy New Year, Wendy!!!

10. Donna Torrado says:

If it is not too selfish I have a few prayer requests. One is for me. I started out the new year sick in bed. Every part of me hurt & fever. The fever did break during the night but I am still in pain. So I would ask for healing.

The next would be that God will give me the strength I need to get my home in order. The way it is now I can’t and so t invite anyone over. It reflects the chaos I have inside. I want to have a simply and organized home that people would want to enter & I would want to invite in.

The last request is that God would break the bondage of alcohol over my husband. That he would stop drinking. It is getting really bad and I am not sure I can handle being around him any more. He does not admit he is an alcoholic. He blames the status of the home as to why he drinks but there is a lot of hurt & pain he won’t let go of from his past. He did accept the Lord many years ago but wants no part of church.

Thank you. God bless you & Happy New Year.

11. Natalie Malec says:

Thank you for your heart of prayer, Wendy. I would love if you could pray for my marriage. I have been married 24 years. It has been a struggle almost every day. I got pregnant when I was 19 because I was so insecure, my boyfriend, now husband threatened to break up with me if I wouldn’t sleep with him and if I took birth control. I believed he was the only person who would ever love me so I did what he said. I didn’t want to get married but I didn’t know what else to do. Along the way I ended up having an affair. We separated and during that time I read Believing God by Beth Moore. It changed my life. I had been baptized as a teenager but didn’t know about having a relationship with God. My husband and I decided to get back together. I thought it was God’s will. For a few days things were good but it didn’t take long to go back to the way it’s always been. Anyway I still believe being married has to be God’s will but New Years brings another year where I can’t imagine living life like the last. I am desperate for a loving relationship, for a friendship. My heart is so hard and bitter that I really struggle to love my husband. So all that being said, I didn’t mean to say so much, I guess my prayer would be to be able to love my husband regardless of how he treats me or how I feel. Just love him because Jesus loved me. Thank you so much Wendy. I will be praying for you also.
    Natalie

12. My prayer request is for me and my family that we will seek God and His kingdom completely, for us to know who we are in Christ and be confident in that, for God’s love to seep deep down in our bones and to give that love to others,and for God’s will to be done in our lives. Please pray for my sister as she will be making a major decision this semester as to where she will continue her college education after she completes junior college. Pray that God will open up doors for her to be accepted into the program that He wants her to be in. I am a single mom to a six year old son, and I have been praying that God would bless me with a Godly husband and Godly father figure for my son….please pray for answered prayers. Last, that God would open up a door for me for a new career. Thank you so much for your prayers, Wendy! You are truly a blessing!!

13. Karen Conner says:

Thank you sweet Wendy for a beautiful prayer from your heart. I have handwritten in my journal. I don’t want to forget any word of it. I thought about it and truly want this to be my prayer for 2016.

I’d like to ask prayer for my husband. There are many areas of his life that need to be covered in prayer. Thank you

14. I would like to send you a prayer of gratefulness for being me back to the fold by writing your book “Living So That.” It has been a gift to my life and hopefully many others that I meet in my life.

15. Thank you for that wonderful prayer. I want you to pray for my husbaND he needs to heal many things in his life. Also pray for my daughter she wants to find a godly hub and. One of my son’s is not in the right path so I’m praying that he makes Jesús his savior. And for my youngest son he has been accepted to Oklahoma Baptist University but we don’t have all the money to pay for that we are praying that the Lord can supply the money to pay for it. God bless you . You are a big blessing to all women.

16. As I think of 2015 taking its final bow, I am overwhelmed with the ways in which God has spoken to me and over me through you. It is SUCH a blessing to start this new year here (and on First 5) with you. Praying for you too, Wendy. I love you so, so very much.

17. I have been blessed to have the Lord in my life for many years. As always, I am praying that my husband would open his heart to receive Christ and enjoy the Lord with me. I know this is in the Lord’s timing. Thank you for this stirring prayer and I have been praying this morning that the Lord would continue His good work in you as you minister through your writing.

18. Amen! I pray that my husband and adult kids will truly find Jesus and will have a fire ignited within their hearts. Thank you Wendy for all you do, and I am praying for you, as well. God bless you!

19. Hi Wendy,
    What an awesome and incredibly powerful prayer you’ve provided for us! And Thank You for taking the time to pray for each of our prayer request! What an incredible servant of our Lord you are. Your such a blessing to each one of us and you help us propel forward in our relationship with Christ. May the Lord continue to pour strength into you.
    My prayer request:
    I deal with anxiety, panic and fear. Please pray for this to go away completely.
    Thank you!!

20. What a beautiful prayer, Wendy. “Ignite a fire in my heart for more of You.” I so desperately need this. I am so distracted with things that in the big scheme of life do not matter. I need to be intentional and surrender my heart to Him. Looking forward to a good year after four years of what I like to call a big crapfest. Wishing you and your family a bright and rewarding 2016.

21. Thank you for this awesome prayer! I have printed it off and shared it, and I am praying this over myself as well as loved ones. This was so encouraging today!
    Bless you as you bless others in 2016!
    Happy New Year!

22. Thank you Wendy! God’s blessing be on you and your ministry.
    I pray for for physical healing this morning. I have been working through emotional baggage and have found tremendous healing there and ask for the physical transformation this year.

23. Pam Guerra says:

Thank you Wendy. Such a great prayer for all of us. I am blessed by your teaching. My prayer for 2016 is to be more fruitful for God, to be able to make a difference in the lives of people. Which obviously involves abiding in the vine and not being distracted which I can be and being diligent and intentional in spending time in God’s Word and with Him. I can allow the bussyness of work and life distract me. I cry out for the fire to be fully ablaze within my heart and not just a mere spark, to fully walk closer to the Lord in every area of my life and to fully trust Him.
    May God continue to bless you Wendy and your ministry.

24. Sweet sisters, I have read each and every comment. Thank you for entrusting your prayers to me. I have prayed for each of you and your family members. Stand with me in believing God will move in very real, personal and intimate ways in each request. He is a faithful God. He is ABLE. He is Provider, Healer, Restorer, Redeemer, Faithful and True, Savior and Friend. He desires not one be lost. May your passion and fire be the blazing flame in your hearts and homes that initiates God’s work!!

And thank you for your kind words, your prayers, and your words of blessing and encouragement. You are why I love ministry. Your interaction, my friendships with you bless me beyond measure. Thank you for taking the time to stop by today and allowing me the privilege of praying for you. Please update me as God answers so we can PRAISE GOD TOGETHER!!

Love you,

me

25. Thank you Wendy for your obedience to Christ and being a prayer warrior. Please pray for my adult sons Matthew and Sean, that they would be loosed from their alcohol, drug, and cigarette addictions. That they would know Jesus as their Savior and Deliverer. Thank You.

26. Kitty Coombs says:

Thank you for this beautiful prayer Wendy. Your words are such an inspiration and the perfect way to start the new year. I pray that 2016 will be a continued year of growth for Me and that God will use me in whatever way he sees fit. I ask for your continued prayers for my family; especially for Hargett. I will continue to pray for you and yours and Happy New Year to you sweet friend!

27. Lana Miller says:

I lost my 28 year old son one year ago today. Please pray for comfort for me and guidance for the second year of healing. I feel so lost

28. Thanks Wendy for the beautiful New Year’s prayer. Please pray that I will have a normal vaginal delivery this new year despite our baby girl being a little bigger than average. Also pray that God will give me the grace to meet with Him every single day to soak in His Word and learn from Him.. Thank you!!

29. Thank you for this beautiful prayer. My prayer request is that my dead marriage will be resurected, restored and healed. I’ve been praying and waiting on God for this for such a long time. Thank you😢

30. So grateful for your prayer here Wendy. I read it in the midst of some stress and worry and helped me fix my eyes on the One who knows, hears, heals and provides. Can’t tell you how much I needed that!

My top request is healing for my little guy! And peace for me as I leave home this week and my daughter Jaylyn who’s already crying at the thought of me being gone.

Thank you! Lifting you now…

31. Thank you so much for this beautiful prayer, Wendy, and thank you for praying for all of us. Please pray for my 15-year-old daughter, who is struggling with pretty severe depression and has resorted to cutting herself to try to numb the pain. She is refusing help from me or my husband, and just told me she wants to stop going to counseling because she “doesn’t want to talk about it (depression) anymore”. Please pray for her protection and healing, and that God would give us wisdom to know how to help her. I’m so heartbroken for her and so scared about where this may lead. You never think this will be your life. 🙁

32. Such a beautiful prayer. Please pray that the Lord will provide a way for me to be a stay at home mom. I am the bread winner of the family and we cannot live without my income. I know God has a plan…I pray that he will open my eyes so that I can follow him.

33. Cathy Calfy says:

Wendy, I now have 2 of your prayers printed so I can refer to them in my personal prayer times. Thank you for your insight to craft such glorious thoughts from God’s Word – you have blessed me and many others I am sure. Blessings to you, sweet sister!

34. Thank you for this special prayer I printed it and will use it during my time with God. Sometimes my words are absent but the heart is full. Then this will help me! Blessed are the one who sow’s the seed of the Gospel. You will reap the harvest one day. .

35. Wendy…I printed out all your prayers and I store them in my bible and take them out when I need them which is quite often Your words are so genuine and they reach a very special part of my heart

THANK YOU!!!!

My prayer request is that you would pray for my husband to bring back the affection he used to give me and that He would come back to Jesus and start living for him again.

36. I want to become more humble as Jesus was humble and be able to forgive in the way He forgave — not based on the other’s person worth but because I love them as Christ loves them. I’m going to focus on humility in my Bible readings this year. This desire will require a heart transformation that only God can perform as I struggle with humility, submission, and walking as Christ would have me to walk at all times.