October 16, 2017

Living Water … A Prayer for You

Happy Monday friends!

First, thank you, thank you for sharing your most comforting scriptures in my last post. Your generosity to take the time to share your scriptures, stories and encouraging words blessed me more than you know. Many were beloved and familiar scriptures, and a few served as wonderful reminders of God’s truths and promises I’d forgotten. I absolutely love seeing the comment page FILLED with God’s living and active Word.

This past week, I spent time with a friend. I sensed a heaviness in my spirit each time we talked. When we had a moment alone, she shared that she was going through a dry time in her faith. It wasn’t a crisis of faith. It came down to desire. Each time she tried to sit down for quiet time, she confessed she felt nothing. No desire to open her Bible. No desire to pray. She wasn’t sure why; it just wasn’t happening.

After our last conversation, the Lord led me to write her a prayer. The prayer I’m sharing with you today. I pray if you’re walking through a dry time, it will bless and encourage you.

I think we all experience this at one time or another. Thankfully, our God is so patient. He’ll wait for us. We need to just do it! I told her I prayed this prayer would be a good place for her to start. I pray the same for you.

Living Water

Abba Father, Your Word promises that whoever believes in You will have rivers of living water flowing from her heart.

I’ve given my heart to You, Lord. I’m Your blood-bought daughter. My name is engraved in the palm of Your hand.

I’m thirsty. I long for Your living water to flow in all its fullness through me today and every day You give me on this earth.

Holy Spirit, fill me afresh right now. Fill me to overflowing with the fullness of Your Peace, Presence, Love, Joy and Hope.

Just as you ensure a spring is constantly renewed with fresh water to keep it pure and flowing freely, renew me today.

Awaken me each day with a deep and abiding desire to meet with You.

Give me an unquenchable thirst as I sit at Your feet.

Ignite a passon in me for more of You and more of Your Word.

Convict me.

Minister to my heart.

Encourage and equip me.

I love you, Lord, and ask this in Jesus’ most precious and holy name. Amen

Comments

1. thank you Wendy for sharing this meaningful prayer with us. <3

2. I love this! Thank you for sharing your prayer! Amen!

3. Jennifer Chapman says:

Thank you for sharing. I mentioned on the #First 5 that I was struggling to understand my purpose and my happiness. I’m trying hard to be content. I’m just so tired and so burnt out.

4. Mia Herne says:

Wendy, You have no idea how much I needed to hear this today. Its going down in one of my journals. I need a long drink of this refreshing water.

5. Deborah Daigle says:

This prayer is just what I needed this morning. Praise God!

6. It’s good to see you posting again. You are always so encouraging. Thank you for this prayer.

7. I love this prayer and the picture of the river and the Bible. I copied it to be put in my prayer binder.Yes Lord,”awaken me each day with a deep and abiding desire to meet with You.” May the Lord bless you and your family and keep you’ll safe in His everlasting arms.

8. Mary L. Palm says:

Thank you, Wendy, for your prayer today. The Holy Spirit “always” speaks through you in a beautiful way to all of us.

9. Thank you.

10. Marilyn in East Texas says:

Thank you for this beautiful prayer Wendy. I needed to hear these precious words.

11. Thank you for sharing this. I feel the same way your friends does right now. This prayer was a comfort. What a blessing to have such a wonderful Christian friend to pray this over her. God bless

12. Thank you for sharing this. This is exactly where I am and I needed that encouragement!!

13. Thank you for this beautiful prayer! I’ve been in a similar dry time and praise the Lord it’s beginning to rain🌦

14. Thanks friend!!! Love this and love you!

15. Mare Hindall says:

Thank you so much for sharing this prayer with us. It is a prayer I’m going to keep, for when I have “dry” moment’s in my faith.

16. Amen to your prayer and thank you for it!! May God answer it in amazing ways for each and every one of us! Reminds me of this song…may we all go to the river!

17. Sharon Serrano says:

God answers prayers that aren’t so much uttered with words but with the cry of our hearts. I don’t know to call it a dry season but definitely a season of healing which can sometimes leave you feeling like your friend. This prayer came just in time. Thank you Wendy for obeying when you feel the nudge of the Holy Spirit to share!

18. Love your prayers Wendy. Thank you!

19. Rhoda De Flon says:

Thank you so much for this beautiful prayer, Wendy🙏💙

20. Nita Haddad says:

Beautiful and so needed!

21. Eileen White says:

Thank you, Wendy, for sharing your prayer with us. Just what I needed today! I have saved it and printed it for my prayer binder, and am also sending it to my daughter & grand-daughter.

22. Beautiful😍

23. Thank you my beautiful friend! Not only do I love this prayer… especially in those seasons when quiet times feel like they’ve become routine… but my heart is filled to overflowing as I see your response to your friend’s deeper needs. The Holy Spirit pours out of you! I love you!