December 30, 2017

A New Year’s Prayer

A New Year's Prayer by Wendy Blight

I’m so thankful for each one of you … for how you love God’s Word and have come alongside me for so many years to study His word together. Here’s a New Year’s Prayer for you!

Father,

I’m so thankful to walk into this New Year with You. I stand amazed that though You are the King of kings and Lord of lords, You are also my Abba Father. The One who knit me together in my mother’s womb.  The One who knows my heart, my every need, my deepest desires, my scars, and my faults and failures. Yet, You still love me. Thank You that Your love knows no bounds. Lord, in this New Year, I invite You to fall afresh on me.

Father,

You are holy, and You call me to holiness. Not perfection. Holiness. Help me know the difference. You created me in Your image and call me to be more like You. I confess at times, my heart wanders. My speech disappoints. My actions fail. Draw me closer to You. Keep me alert to Your voice. Give me a teachable mind and ears to hear the whispers of Your sweet Spirit. Clothe me with humility. Enable me to submit to Your Word. Use it to penetrate those deep places in my heart that resist change.

Father,

Give me a heart that hungers and thirsts for more of You and Your Truth above all else. Grant me a spirit of wisdom and discernment so I can understand the wonderful truths and promises tucked in pages of Your Word. Give me a Spirit of revelation to discover the secret treasures You have hidden for me. Help me discern truth from lies. Open my eyes to the schemes of the evil one. Keep my eyes forever fixed on You. When I wander, Lord, draw me back. Refresh and refill me with the fullness of Your Spirit.

Father,

As I enter into this New Year. I’m not making resolutions. I’m making a commitment. I commit to give You Your rightful place on the throne of my heart. To put You above all else. Give me the courage to make the decisions that will make that happen.

Father,

You are Faithful and True. I’m inviting You to do a mighty work in and through my life this year. Thank You for Your promise that when You begin a work, You are faithful to complete it. I want to walk step-by-step with You every day. Help me to trust You, even in the hard places. Even when it costs. Help me lean not on my own understanding, but Yours. Help me to acknowledge You in all my ways so that I can obey Your voice when You speak, “This is the way, My child, walk in it.”

Father,

I love You and thank You that You love me. Make my life a living testimony to You. I ask this in the powerful and mighty name of Your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who will do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I could ever ask or imagine. Amen.

May you have a blessed and joyous New Year!

Comments

1. Thank you Wendy. I really needed this. Tough loss, tough times. Prayers appreciated.

2. Amen ❤

3. Marian Dickinson Hindall says:

Thank you Wendy. I don’t make resolutions so, the prayer on that, really spoke to me. I want my Abba Father to sit on the throne of my heart, as I walk another new year alone without my beloved husband. God’s blessings to you.

• I don’t make them either, Marian. For years now I have started each year with a prayer. So fun to share it with my friends. Thankful it spoke to you in this New Year.

4. With tears, thank you. God knew what I needed tonight and He led me here. Will be printing this and adding it to my journal. New Year blessings to you my friend!
    Love from the farm, jill

• Hey Jill! It’s always a blessing to know God placed a prayer on my heart to minister to another friend exactly where she is!! Praising Him for that today and for our friendship.

Happy New Year!

5. Marcia Glase says:

Amen🙏❤️🙏

6. Sarah Travis says:

Amen 🙏🏻 💝

7. Beautiful, Wendy, thank you! Printing this off and putting it in the front page of my 2018 journal!

8. Shelley Sisson says:

Amen! Love this. Love the distinction between perfection & holiness. Love the cries of tge heart. My word for 2018 is treasure. Thank you for such a beautiful prayer. I, too, will be printing this to keep.

• Treasure. What a great word. That is what Mary did. She treasured all the words the Angel said in her heart. Thank you for sharing and for your kind words about the prayer. I love knowing it will be close to your heart.

9. Mary Jo Cyr says:

Amen. Upon all else, I pray, God will ALWAYS have the RIGHTFUL place on the throne of my heart. Thank you for praying these very beautiful words of faith and love over us, Wendy.

10. Elaine Rotty says:

Wendy,

Thank you for this wonderful prayer. I really needed it today and am sure it will help me find God’s peace. Love you so much and may this be the best year of your life. AS

• Thank you Aunt Sal! Love that we keep in touch by phone but also through my blog!! I love you and miss you and look forward to seeing you in 2018.

11. Amen. Thank you Wendy for this prayer filled with His promises. Blessings to you for the New Year. A very personal thank you for all the truths you share with me to help me grow in faith.💖

• You are so welcome. Thank you for being a dear ministry friend. I love studying God’s Word with you!! We help each other grow in our faith. May you have a blessed and joyous New Year.

12. Carol Blakney says:

Wendy, thank you so much for all you do. I pray the Lord gives you the strength to continue to rise above the battles that come your way and that He continues to give you such beautiful words. I cannot tell you how many of these prayers are exactly what I need as I am walking through very difficult times. May the new year bring you many blessings!

• Thank you for your sweet prayers for me. I will stand on them in the hard times. And, it means so much to know the prayers the Lord lays on my heart minster to you. Answered prayer for sure!! 🙂

13. Thank you Wendy! This is going in my journal to start the year. I am so looking forward to the Proverbs 31 bible study with your book on 1John !

Blessings for peace and adventure in the new year!

• Yay! Love knowing this is going to be in your journal!! And, I’m so excited you will be joining us for the study. Only a few more weeks and we will dig into 1 John together!!

14. Marilyn in East Texas says:

Dear Wendy,
    I thank God for you. I thank God for your strength to speak His Truths. I thank God for your obedience in sharing His Word so graciously. I thank God for your spirit of gentleness, wisdom and knowledge. I thank God that He has connected our hearts through His Word and His Love. Peace and Blessings upon you always my dear sister in Christ. 2018 is looking good because I now know how much “I Am Loved.”

• Marilyn, you have been such a faithful friend and encourager over the years. Thank you for your kind words today. They truly bless me. Praying God’s blessings overflow into your heart and life this next year.

15. Beautiful, amen and thank you

16. Another beautiful prayer from Wendy. I love no to resolutions and yes to commitments. May good things be in store for all in this new year!

17. Emily Reyes says:

My Sisters In Christ, on this New Year’s Eve, I humbly ask for your prayers for my little sister, Ashley. She grew up having only limited head knowledge of God & she has struggled in an unhealthy relationship for over 7 yrs that she has confused with love….I just met & connected with her about 2 yrs ago mainly due to the Holy Spirit’s prompting to show her what Love truly is both from a sister, a friend, but more importantly from GOD who is THE SOURCE OF REAL TRUE LOVE! I have trended lightly, welcoming gently supportive & encouraging…basically interacting with her the way I feel Jesus would.

This Christmas, she asked me what I wanted & I intentionally (without expectations of getting it or how it would affect her personally) requested my needed copy of I AM LOVED by Wendy Blight in hopes that I would plant a seed of interest, of curiosity in her heart & mind….THEREFORE, my prayer request is that the Spirit would MOVE MIGHTILY IN HER, DRAWING HER CLOSE TO THE FATHER, TO LEAD HER TO HIMSELF FOR HER UNDERSTANDING OF LOVE !

• Oh, Emily, your words move my heart deeply. I love how much you love your sister and want her to know the love of our Savior Jesus. I stand in agreement with you as you prayer for Ashley. May God create a deep ache in her heart for a love she can’t identify but can sense and feel in you. YES! Father, lead Ashley TO YOU! Touch her in ways that are supernatural and beyond explanation. In ways that cause her to long for more of You and what she is experiencing in You. Please let us know!!!

18. Thanks so much for this awesome prayer Wendy! I’m printing it out so I can read it often!
    May He abundantly bless you in 2018!
    Happy New Year to all!

19. Nancy Brown says:

Amen! Adding my prayers for you and yours! Thank you for always pointing us back to our Lord…He is everything and that is enough! Love and hugs to you and all you lovely ladies! Happy New Year!

20. Amen! What a powerful prayer! Thanks Wendy!

21. Rachelle Craig says:

Amen! Absolutely beautiful! Thank you Wendy! I too, will be printing this one off!

22. Desiree Lumpkins says:

Amen!

23. Amen. What a beautiful prayer Wendy, thank you so much. I am going to print it out so I can reread it often. God Bless.

24. My sweet Wendy, this is always my favorite way to start the new year. I remember years ago when God gave me the gift of kicking off the new year in prayer. He did that through you. What a blessing to walk our first days of 2018 praying and praising. I love you. Happy second day of 2018. xoxo

25. Kathie Sawyer says:

Wendy, Thank you so much for this prayer to start the new year. It is everything that’s in my heart. My prayer for this new year is to follow God more closely, stay focused on my studies of the Bible so I can know Him better and let his Spirit guide me to a closer walk with Him. I am glad I met you through P31 and the First 5 App and you are now a part of my life. Wishing you a very Blessed 2018!
    Kathie

• Una-Marie Catania says:

I love your comment, as it expresses my sentiments precisely at this time. Although I initially discovered Wendy a few years ago through her books and then her website, for various reasons I decided to concentrate on studying the bible and utilizing Catholic devotions (such as the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet). However, during the past few weeks, I have felt a very strong urge (the Holy Spirit) to revisit Wendy’s website and to really plug in to her ministry. My primary goal this year is to draw closer to God through authentic prayer and to know Him more intimately. Wendy has such a wonderful gift of inspiring us to draw closer to God and offer ourselves totally to Him.

• Kathie Sawyer says:

You are correct about Wendy having a special gift to inspire. She has been such a blessing in my life as all the Ladies at Proverbs 31 and First 5 App have been such a blessing to me and my daughter.

26. Una-Marie Catania says:

Wendy, thank you for sharing this beautiful, eloquent, and poignant New Year’s prayer. My main goal this year is to to deepen my relationship with God. Although I believe that I have a very close personal relationship with God, I know in my heart and soul that there is always room for growth and improvement. This prayer provides me with a very expressive and succinct way of asking God to strengthen my commitment and personal friendship with Him. Please pray for me as I embark on a very needed and necessary spiritual journey this year. I want you to know that I deeply appreciate all that you do to help me (and others) to develop a more intimate understanding of God, my (our) Abba Father.

27. Amen! Thank you!

28. Thank you Wendy. I’ve prayed these for me and my hubby and children.

Beautiful!

29. Praise God for this spirit of God prayer for us.He loves us so much to make us known from his heart to pray the prayer he wants us to pray
    Thank you for sharing.